As entrepreneurs, our "to do" lists never shorten, and we often forget that our businesses can only run as optimally as we do!
Self-care is hardly a new concept. In fact, Ancient Greeks encouraged self-care as a way to make people more honest citizens, and more likely to care for others. Today, we know for a fact in both science and psychology that the healthier we are, the more powerfully we can show up in every area of lives.
Are the sacrifices you’re making affecting your life and your business? Not sure? Ask yourself if you have done any of the following in the past 6 months:
1. It’s noon and you realize you haven’t eaten or drank a lot of fluids yet because you’ve been so focused on work.
2. 5:00 pm comes too quickly and you often have at least 3 more hours of work to complete before you can quit for the day.
3. You obsess over… well, EVERYTHING! Deadlines, to-do’s, clients, money… the list goes on and on.
4. You often lose sleep worrying about your clients OR suddenly find a stream of GREAT ideas coming to you the minute you try to go to sleep
5. And I love this one: You’re tired and sometimes wonder if this is all worth it. Instead of diving too deep in the question, you shift to work to fill the void
If you recognized yourself is any of the above, its time to stop depriving yourself and start learning simple and easy ways to care for your mind, body and spirit so you can life the life YOU want!