Secret to healthy glowing skin!
Mar 23, 2021
I love springtime because I can finally drink smoothies without getting cold! LOL!
I am here to share with you the secret to a healthy glowing skin. To your surprise, the secret doesn’t consist of any super-expensive beauty products; rather, it includes fruits and vegetables that are rich in carotenoid.
Research has shown that people who ingest carotenoid on a daily basis have younger-looking, healthy, and glowing skin, which everyone craves.
Before you start eating vegetables and fruits to get that youthful glow, let me add that the secret also involves mixing them with healthy fats such as avocado. The human body needs these healthy fats.
The combination of fruits and vegetables with proteins and healthy fats provide you with nutrition. Since they are loaded with essential fatty acids and antioxidants, they benefit the skin by minimizing puffiness and redness, keeping it wrinkle-free and smooth.
It has been proven through research that what we eat has a direct effect on our complexion and the health of our skin because our eating habits impact hormonal balance, which affects the skin in a positive or negative manner.
In short, what you eat is far more important than the beauty products you use to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Here is a list of 5 foods that I can swear by to get you on track for glowing skin:
- Spinach: Besides providing you with great strength, spinach also plays a role in slowing down the ageing process of your skin. It contains beta-carotene which is a precursor for vitamin A and vitamin A is well known for its anti-ageing abilities. It helps to properly moisturize the epidermis and as a result prevents wrinkles and helps the removal of dead cells.
- Avocado: Avocado contains vitamins A, D and E, and omega-9 fatty acids. These fatty acids are the building blocks of skin. These nutrients help to keep the tone of the skin even and smooth. So, adding avocado to the daily diet is a great idea.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes happen to be the heroes for our skincare regime, as they provide protection against one of the major enemies of our skin. They have a very high content of antioxidants that protect the skin against UV damage and leave it fresh.
- Pumpkin Seeds: These little seeds can bring about great wonders as they are rich in vitamin C and fatty acids which produce the natural oil of the skin called sebum. This natural oil helps to protect and repair the skin if damaged. So, ingesting pumpkin seeds can help to get glowing, evenly toned skin.
- Pineapple: This fruit is a great treat for your skin as it is rich in vitamin C, amino acid, and collagen containing an enzyme called bromelain. This enzyme is famous for its softening effect. Collagen helps to support the skin structure and the vitamin C and amino acids help to repair damaged skin. So, adding pineapple to your smoothie can help you to achieve younger looking and glowing skin.
Here is a simple smoothie recipe:
- 1 ½ cups dairy free milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ banana
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Dash of cayenne pepper
Happy smoothie making! Let me know what you think and send an email to [email protected] and share this blog post with someone.